The Universal Calender has been designed to reproduce many of the effects which are produced on larger calenders
The versatile design, which includes three bowls (two filled and one chrome plated steel) allows the user to easily and quickly adapt the drive arrangement for friction finishing techniques. Other bowl materials can also be specified.
The Universal Calender is constructed in such a way that it is extremely rigid and, as a result, bowl deflection is negligible even at the maximum loading from the pneumatic cylinders. High nip loads can be generated, which closely reproduce the loads of production calenders.
Two versions are available – 350mm or 500mm face width, both of which are floor standing units.
- Heated top bowl (external Infrared emitters) with manual temperature control
- Filled bowl options are available (Woollen, Paper, Cotton, Polyamide)
- Gear drive between top and middle bowls
- Intermediate drive gear for friction finishing – easily removed and refitted
- Process speed indication
- Positively driven batching unit with slipping clutch
- Automatic main bearing lubrication
|Power Supply||400V, 1 Phase, 50-60Hz, 5.5kW-6.5kW|
|Variable Speed Control||2-10 m/min|
|Max Bowl Temperature||170°C|
|Model 350||970mm (L) x 940mm (D) x 1500mm (H) – 528kg|
|Model 500||970mm (L) x 1090mm (D) x 1540mm (H) – 600kg|
Embossing conversion – three dimensional and ciré, which requires an engraved steel bowl and additional filled bowl
Schreinering – fine line engraved steel bowl
Storage frame – a mobile storage unit for up to six bowls, including a hoist for easy bowl changes
Electrically heated roll
Download the Calender brochure
Enter your email address to download the full datasheet and brochure for this product.